Valuation for Insolvency Proceedings - Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016
RNC is a leading valuation advisor with expertise in the areas of valuation for Insolvency proceedings, Merger & Acquisition, Bank lending, dispute resolution, financial reporting, etc.
RNC clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, Banks, Audit firms, Law firms, Government entities & Investment organizations, etc.
RNC has carried out numerous Valuations for the following:
• Liquidations by Official Liquidator
• Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs)
• Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT)
• Valuation under SARFAESI Act
RNC has been a frontrunner in Valuation for the cases admitted by NCLT as per the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016. The subject of Insolvency proceedings is inherently technical and is subjected to constant refinement through new legislations, rules and regulations made by Governments or through court decisions. The professionals at RNC are abreast of all the developments in this domain and provide specialist services to all its clients by adopting methods of value computation in accordance with internationally accepted valuation standards.
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 aims to consolidate and amend the laws relating to insolvency resolution, which are contained in various enactments, into a single legislation. The main focus of this legislation is at providing resurrection and resolution in a time bound manner for maximization of value of debtor’s assets. The Interim Resolution Professional (IRP) appoints the Valuer to carry out the Valuation of the company assets prior to the commencement of the resolution process as per Regulation 35 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Liquidation Process) Regulations, 2016. This regulation stipulates:
(1) The liquidator shall appoint registered valuer to value the company assets
(2) The registered valuer appointed shall independently submit the estimates of the liquidation value of the asset(s) computed in accordance with internationally accepted valuation standards, after physical verification of the assets of the corporate debtor.
(1) RNC has three decades of experience in valuing assets for various purposes across all sectors in India and overseas.
(2) RNC has been associated with leading - Chartered Accountancy firms, Law firms, International Property Consultants, Asset Reconstruction Companies, Banks and Financial Institutions, etc.
(3) RNC has a strong techno commercial team comprising of engineers from various disciplines and Chartered Accountants & Cost Accounts.
(4) A large and well experienced techno commercial team enables completion of the Valuation and submission of comprehensive report within the stipulated timelines.
(5) RNC has vast experience in providing services for valuation from SSI units to large industrial conglomerates in sectors like Metals & Mining, Power & Infrastructure, Chemicals & Fertilizers, Manufacturing & Engineering, Real Estate, Cement, Construction, Consumer Goods, Hospitality, Iron & Steel, Automobile, Logistics, Petroleum, Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Telecom, Information Technology & Electronics, Textile & Leather, Cables etc.
Valuation of assets, being an integral process for insolvency proceeding, an independent assessment of the Liquidation Value is essential to provide an accurate base for strategic review by insolvency professionals, creditors and other stakeholders.
Valuations carried out particularly for Insolvency proceedings require indepth domain knowledge and expertise. The quality of the valuation report and the expertise of the Valuer becomes extremely important to provide the correct valuation advice to the stakeholders for the Insolvency proceedings.